Less than a week until we begin the workshop of The Beholder’s Share. There is much to do, but all of the disparate parts are beginning to gel. Tomorrow we dive back into the rehearsal studio to begin really discovering what lies under this text.
We’ve got all of the playwrights scripts from the commissioning of new neurobiology-inspired plays and are posting a schedule later tonight/early tomorrow.
Here’s what else is on the menu for Gumbo. We’re thrilled to have Beholder’s Share as a part of the mix.
19 new plays responding to current ideas and discoveries in neurobiology.
- Readings of plays 1 to 30 minutes long by WordBRIDGE playwrights Jami Brandli, George Brant, Will Fancher, Hank Willenbrink, Laurel Haines, Dipika Guha, Cynthia Hardeman, Kevin McFillen, Caroline V. McGraw, Antoinette Nwandu, K. Frithjof Peterson, Erin Phillips, Joseph Ritsch, Sarah Saltwick, Stephanie Swirsky Yasmine Van Wilt, and Deborah Yarchun.
- Readings performed by WordBRIDGE alumni from around the country including Charles Kartali, James Knight, and Michele Vazquez + virtual Q&A sessions with select playwrights via New Play TV.
Art gallery and musical events to challenge our ideas of art and perception
- Visual Artists including: Brian Baker, Suzanne Coley, John Shea, and Mary Anne Arntzen.
- Music events featuring: John and Brittany, Community Center, and Stewart Lewis.
- Delicious hot and homemade Gumbo
Served every night, to warm the soul and add spice to the conversation.
All performance are “pass the hat”
But seating is limited to 50 audience members a night, so make your reservations early.
Many events will be streamed online. See schedule for details.
A full schedule of events will be available after January 25th at www.generouscompany.org
Reservations can be made via www.theatreproject.org